Students will have to repeat or retake the course:
a. If any student secured “F” grade in any course;
b. If any student does not appear at both mid-term and trimester final examination, which will be treated as failed in that course.
In such case, he/she will have to repeat that course with the following trimester. The tuition fee for repeating the course is same as regular tuition fee.
If any student fails to secure pass mark in the theoretical part of a course but secures pass mark in sessional, he will be considered pass in sessional and need not repeat the sessional examination in the subsequent trimester. In the same way, if any student fails to secure pass marks in the sessional part of the course but secures pass marks in theoretical part, he will be considered pass in theoretical part and need not repeat the theoretical examination in the subsequent trimester.
Courses having ‘C’ and ‘D’ grade may be registered for repeat but courses having ‘C+’ and above grade will not be allowed to repeat.
Incomplete (“I” Grade)
Grade ‘I’ or Incomplete will be awarded to those students who have failed to appear at the final or mid-term examination. To complete the course students will have to appear at the mid-term or trimester final examination in any subsequent trimester. Incomplete exam fee for each course is Tk. 500/-. Students will not be allowed to register “Incomplete” course as “Improvement” course.
Courses having less than ‘A-’ (A Minus) grade i.e. ‘B+’ and downwards will be allowed to register as ‘Improvement’ and once only. Improvement examination fee per credit hour is Tk. 600/- (Six Hundred only). For improvement, students will appear only at the Midterm and Final Examination of a course. Maximum 6 credit hours can be registered in a single trimester for improvement examination.
Publication of Results
Controller Office will publish the trimester final result by hanging it on the university notice board. The result will be published as Letter Grade and Grade Point. No numerical score will be given to the students either in result sheet or in transcript. No consolidated score or break-up of the score will be provided to the students.
Students can apply to the Controller of Examinations for re-examination/scrutinizing of their answer scripts with payment of a fee Tk. 1000.00 (non-refundable) for per course. The application for such re-examination has to be made within 7 days from the publication of the result.
Documents Issuing (Transcript / Certificate etc.)
• Transcript and provisional certificates will be provided to the students on the payment of prescribed fees. Transcript fees for a single trimester will be Tk. 100/= and for more than one trimester Tk. 500/= for each. Fees for provisional certificate will be Tk. 500/=. In that case students will have to apply to the Controller of Examinations along with the payment receipt of prescribed fees at least seven days ahead of their requirements. In case of emergency it may be prepared and delivered on the 4th day but charges will be double.
Appearing at Examination
No student will be allowed to appear at the mid-term and trimester final examinations without clearing their dues in the university. Students must produce their admit cards in the examination hall. They are required to collect their admit cards at least two days before the examination starts. Admit cards will be issued to those only who will have paid their dues.
Evaluation of Transcript of Credit Transfer Student
Credit transfer from any otherr university to Port City International University will be decided upon by the Equivalence Committee of the university and this committee will decide how many credit hours will be accepted by the university. However, Port City Internatioanl University would neither incorporate in its transcripts the name of the courses accepted as transferred courses nor bring the grade point of those transferred courses in its CGPA calculation. Only the total number of transferred credit hours will be shown as earned “transfer credit hours”. CGPA calculation would be made only on the courses completed in Port City International University. As proof of completion of their degrees they have to carry the transcript of the previous institution from where their credit hours have been accepted by Port City International University.
Late Admission Class Attendance Marks
Any student with late admission will be entitled to have his/her percentage counted from the date he/she starts attending classes and marks on attendance will be awarded as per rules.
Examination Guidelines for Students
The following examination rules should be strictly observed during the examination:
• Wear your ID card properly;
• Show your admit card containing the names of courses you are going to sit for the examination. No one will be allowed to sit for the examination without admit card;
• Be sure that the invigilator signs the answer script during the examination period;
• Put all materials (bags, books, khatas, etc.) except examination documents in the front part of the room;
• Students who come late may be allowed to sit for examination provided they do not ask for any extra time. But no student will be allowed in the 2nd hour of the examination or after passing the 1st hour of the examination.
• Leaving the examination room during 1st hour of examination is not allowed. Students are allowed to leave examination room once for maximum five minutes in the second hour of the examination.
• Switch off your mobile phone during the examination period;
• Ensure your signature in the attendance sheet for each examination;
• Be sure that additional script(s) is being attached to the main script.
The following would be treated as ‘adopting unfair means’ during an examination:
• Communicating with fellow students in the examination hall;
• Having a seat different from the seat plan;
• Copying from other students’ script/report;
• Copying from desk, scale, palm or from other incriminating documents;
• Possession of any incriminating document whether used or not;
• Change of script or question paper with fellow students;
• Change of the cover page or any inside page of the script;
• Writing on the question paper and admit card;
• Unruly behavior, which disrupt the examination environment;
• Any sort of unruly attitude to or behavior with the invigilators/teachers;
• False personification in the examination hall;
• Any approach in direct or indirect form to influence the teacher for grade.
If a student is found adopting any sort of unfair means in the examination hall, his/her offense would be punishable and executed either by the Invigilator/Examiner in the examination hall or through ‘Disciplinary Committee’, on the basis of the report given by the Invigilator/Examiner.
The ‘in hall’ punishments could be of any of the following types:
• Warning by the Invigilators/ Examiners;
• Deduction of obtained marks;
• Holding of the examination scripts for certain time;
• Expulsion from the examination hall;
• Cancellation of certain answer in the script.
The disciplinary punishment could be any of the following types:
• Cancellation of the whole examination;
• Temporary suspension from the program;
• Imposition of fine;
• Dismissal from the program;
• Expulsion from the program/university.
Note: The University reserves the right to modify or change the rules and regulations of the uniuversity as and when necessary. Such rules and regulations will come into force as determined by the proper authorities.