Students will have to repeat the course:
a.If any student secured “F” grade in any course;
b.If any student does not appear for both mid-term and semester final examination, which will be treated as failed in that course.
1. In such case, he/she will have to repeat that course in the immediate following semester/whenever the course will be offered. The tuition fee for repeating the course is same as regular tuition fee
2. If any student fails to secure pass mark in the theoretical part of a course but secures pass mark in sessional, he will be considered pass in sessional. In the same way, if any student fails to secure pass marks in the sessional part of the course but secures pass marks in theoretical part, he will be considered pass in theoretical part.
3.Courses having ‘C’ and ‘D’ grade may be registered for repeat but courses having ‘C+’ and above grade will not be allowed to repeat.
4.Students may be allowed to register “Incomplete” course as “repeat” course.
5.Repeating a course implies that the student has to attend all the classes, class tests, midterm and final examinations like a regular student. No student will be allowed to repeat a course more than three times in three consecutive semesters. If any student fails to improve the grade within the stipulated times, he/she will not be allowed to take any further course(s) to continue until he/she improves the grade.
6. No student will be allowed to withdraw any repeat course.
7. Student must appear for both midterm and semester final examinations of a repeat course. If any student does not appear for midterm or semester final examinations, he/she will be treated as failed in that repeat course,
Incomplete (“I” Grade)
- Students failing to appear for either mid-term or semester final examination of a course with valid reason (like serious illness, accident, sudden death of father/ mother etc.) will be awarded the grade ‘I’ or ‘Incomplete’ in that course.
- To complete the course student will be allowed to appear for the mid-term or semester final examination once only whichever he/she missed.
- Student has to complete the incomplete examination in the immediate subsequent semester when the course will be offered.
- If a student fails to appear for an incomplete exam in the immediate subsequent semester when the course is offered, he/she will be awarded ‘F” grade in that particular course.
- Incomplete exam fee for each course is Tk. 500/-. Students will not be allowed to register “Incomplete” course as “Improvement” course.
6. Students may be allowed to register “Incomplete” course as “repeat” course.
Students having grade from “D” to” B+” (B Plus) in any course(s) will be allowed to register that course as ‘Improvement’ and once only. Improvement examination fee per credit hour is Tk. 600/- (Six Hundred only). For improvement, students have the option to appear for any one or both mid-term and semester final examinations of a course in the same semester. Maximum 6 credit hours can be registered in a single semester for improvement examination.
Publication of Results
Office of the Controller of Examinations will publish the semester final result on the university website. The result will be published as Letter Grade and Grade Point. No numerical score will be given to the students either in result sheet or in transcript. No consolidated score or break-up of the score will be provided to the students.
Students can apply to the Controller of Examinations for re-examination/scrutinizing of their answer scripts with payment of a fee Tk. 1000.00 (non-refundable) for per course. The application for such re-examination has to be made within 7 days from the publication of the result.
Transcript and provisional certificates will be provided to the students on payment of prescribed fees. Transcript fees for a single semester will be Tk. 100/= and for more than one semester Tk. 500/= for each. Fees for provisional certificate will be Tk. 500/=. In that case students will have to apply to the Controller of Examinations along with the payment receipt of prescribed fees at least seven days ahead of their requirements. In case of emergency it may be prepared and delivered on the 4th day but charges will be double.
Appearing For Examination
No student will be allowed to appear for the mid-term and semester final examinations without clearing their dues in the university. Students must produce their admit cards in the examination hall. They are required to collect their admit cards at least two days before the examination starts. Admit cards will be issued to those only who will have paid their dues.
Evaluation of Transcript of Credit Transfer Student
Credit transfer from any other university to Port City International University will be decided upon by the Equivalence Committee of the university and this committee will decide how many credit hours will be accepted by the university. However, Port City Internatioanl University would neither incorporate in its transcripts the name of the courses accepted as transferred courses nor bring the grade point of those transferred courses in its CGPA calculation. Only the total number of transferred credit hours will be shown as earned “transfer credit hours”. CGPA calculation would be made only on the courses completed in Port City International University. As proof of completion of their degrees they have to carry the transcript of the previous institution from where their credit hours have been accepted by Port City International University.
Late Admission Class Attendance Marks
Any student with late admission will be entitled to have his/her percentage counted from the date he/she starts attending classes and marks on attendance will be awarded as per rules.
Examination Guidelines for Students
The following examination rules should be strictly observed during the examination:
- Wear your ID card properly;
- Show your admit card containing the names of courses you are going to sit for the examination. No one will be allowed to sit for the examination without admit card;
- Be sure that the invigilator signs the answer script during the examination period;
- Put all materials (bags, books, khatas, mobile, laptop,all other electronic devices etc.) except examination documents outside the room;
- Students who come late may be allowed to sit for examination provided they do not ask for any extra time. But no student will be allowed in the 2nd hour of the examination or after passing the 1st hour of the examination;
- Leaving the examination room during 1st hour of examination is not allowed. Students are allowed to leave examination room once for maximum five minutes in the second hour of the examination;
- Students are not allowed to carry mobile phone during the examination period;
- Ensure your signature in the attendance sheet for each examination;
- Be sure that additional script(s) is being attached to the main script;
The following would be treated as ‘adopting unfair means’ during an examination:
- Communicating with fellow students in the examination hall;
- Having a seat different from the seat plan;
- Copying from other students’ script/report;
- Copying from desk, scale, palm or from other incriminating documents;
- Possession of any incriminating document whether used or not;
- Change of script or question paper with fellow students;
- Change of the cover page or any inside page of the script
- Writing on the question paper and admit card;
- Unruly behavior, which disrupt the examination environment;
- Any sort of unruly attitude to or behavior with the invigilators/teachers;
- False personification in the examination hall;
- Any approach in direct or indirect form to influence the teacher for grade.
If a student is found adopting any sort of unfair means in the examination hall, his/her offense would be punishable and executed either by the Invigilator/Examiner in the examination hall or through ‘Disciplinary Committee’, on the basis of the report given by the Invigilator/Examiner.
The ‘in hall’ punishments could be of any of the following types:
- Warning by the Invigilators/ Examiners
- Deduction of obtained marks;
- Holding of the examination scripts for certain time;
- Expulsion from the examination hall;
- Cancellation of certain answer in the script.
The disciplinary punishment could be any of the following types:
- Cancellation of the whole examination;
- Temporary suspension from the program;
- Imposition of fine;
- Dismissal from the program;
- Expulsion from the program/university.
The University reserves the right to modify or change the rules and regulations of the University as and when necessary. Such rules and regulations will come into force as determined by the proper authorities.